Knox Box System in the North Highland
Knox Box Fire Department Emergency Access to Your Business or Home
North Highlands Fire Department is now using Knox Box devices for emergency access to businesses and residential buildings. The Knox system provides a quick and secure way to access your property or building during an emergency.
A Knox Box safe can only be opened by the fire department in your district. The primary response engine at North Highlands contains a Knox Box safe that is secured until a request is made to open it. When a request is made to the Putnam County Dispatch center to unlock the safe for key access, the Dispatch Center sends a special code that unlocks the safe. The key for the property is then available to access the owner’s Knox Box for building or gate entry. Putnam County will only open the safe upon request and only during an emergency. Any access to the Knox Box safe in the fire truck is recorded by date and time and who made the request.
Once our fire department ends the incident, if there was a false alarm or no problem, the gate or building is locked and the Knox Box key is returned to the safe in the fire truck.
Use of a Knox Box system helps prevent property damage for fire alarms and other emergency requests as North Highlands can access the building without using force or incurring damage. This saves time and allows a quicker response to our community.
For more information, contact the cheif’s office at 265-9595 ext 11.
Ten Reasons to Install a Knox-Box
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
- Assure immediate building entry by firefighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
- Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
- Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances.
- Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your building at 2:00 am for a false alarm.
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building is left unattended. The fire department holds the only key to the KNOX-BOX.
- Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low-cost investment.
- Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
- Over the last 25 years, KNOX-BOX has been the chosen solution in 6,000 communities nationwide – communities just like yours!
For more information, contact Knox at 800.552.5669 or visit their website www.knoxbox.com